There have been multiple reports that users of the popular online firearm auction site GunBroker.com are receiving fraudulent emails stating the the user has won an item and that cash or money must be sent to an “agent” via Western Union or Money Gram. These are NOT emails from GunBroker.com.
The validity of all won items can be check by logging into GunBroker.com and going to My GunBroker > Buying > Won. GunBroker.com does send notification emails telling you if you won an item, however:
- You will be required to log into GunBroker.com in order to see Buyer/Seller contact information (address, phone, etc.).
- GunBroker.com emails will not include links to 3rd party service to pay for your item. All transactions require the user to log into the site.
- GunBroker.com will not give the name of a third party agent to accept payment.
- GunBroker.com does not send out “second chance” offers.
- GunBroker.com emails will not include links to 3rd party services to pay for your item. All transactions require the user to log into the site.
For updates, stay tuned to Guns.com. For more information on the fraudulent emails take a look at the page in GunBroker.com’s help center. For all breaking gun news keep browsing Guns.com’s news feeds.