Magpul’s PDR was an amazing concept rifle-slash-personal defense weapon. I really hope that they someday make it a reality. Right now though, no such firearm exists.
But shortly, there will be an airsoft PDR.
Here are the specs:
Built Material: Reinforced Polymer
Gear Box: Custom Hybrid Gearbox with 8mm Bearings.
Caliber: 6mm BB
Magazine: PMAG 20, 70 Rounds short magazine(included), compatible with all USGI-style magazines
Weight: 3~4 lbs
Fire Modes: Safe / Semi / Fully Automatic
Muzzle Velocity: 350 FPS with 0.2g BB
Battery Plug: Front-wired Tamiya Mini Type Plug ( Battery Not included )
Suggested Battery Power: 8.4V
Barrel Thread Type: Anti-Clockwise 14mm
Package includes: PTS PDR AEG, PTS PMAG 20 short magazine, User Manual, Polymer Dummy Round.
* Picatinny M1913A Spec Top Rail – Full length top rail allows for optics or iron site mounting. Optics rail 0.5 ~ 0.6″ above cheekweld
* 11.5-inch Carbine Length Barrel
* Quick-Change Spring System
* Fully Ambidextrous Design – mag release, and ejection
* M16/M4 Magazine Release – Instinctive M16-type magazine release allows for rapid magazine reloading not seen in other bull-pup designs in this class
* Reversible Mid Ejection System – On the fly, selectable ejection system simulates ejecting spent casings from either the right or left side depending on user preference and tactical situation
* Ambi Charging Handle – simulates ejection port press check
* Press Check Blast Cover – cheek piece rotates up to allow hop up unit access and adjustment
* Integrated Light Option – capable of accepting built-in illumination for target ID during low light conditions
* Quick Field Disassembly – Lower receiver is removable after pushing three captive push pins
* AEG M16/NATO STANAG magazine compatibility reduces logistical impact on both operators and supply chains
* Single Point Sling Mount – For use with shoulder holster
I gotta say, I’m not really interested in airsoft, but I am interested in this. The price hasn’t been announced yet. Lookin’ forward to more info.