Well, it took an astounding 5,335,200 bricks to create, but the guys and gals over at Lego managed to build a 1:1 scale model of the Star Wars X-Wing Fighter.
They used a common $60 Lego 9493 X-Wing Fighter as a model, but instead of being 560-pieces and a few inches long, this sucker has more than 5-million pieces and it’s 11-feet tall and 43-feet long … not to mention its 44-foot wingspan! Oh, and the engines glow and roar like the X-Wing in the movies.
Here’s a rundown of this record breaking Lego model:
• Contains 5,335,200 LEGO bricks
• Weighs 45,979.61 pounds (including bricks and steel infrastructure)
• Height: 11 feet / 3.35 meters
• Length: 43 feet / 13.1 meters
• Wingspan: 44 feet / 13.44 meters
• 32 builders spent 17,336 hours (about 4 months) to construct