“Incredibly Easy Do It Yourself Hidden Rifle Storage.”
- 1. Picture (minimum 2.5′-inches deep) Check Canvas Pop with great online chat support. This picture seen is 54- by 32- by 2.5-inches. Any high resolution picture can be used, including family portrait. Note: Measure appropriately, with 2.5 inches only a weapon on the thinner side will fit.
- Back board needs to be .25-inch thick. (Note: Frame is one inch thick so interior dimensions will be two inches shorter with two inches less width. Highly recommend not cutting it so close, ideally 2.5-inches leaving .25-inch margin on each side.
- Brackets. Only 2 will be needed. Used these (terrible customer support & shipping time, use local if possible)
- In order for the picture to mount flush against the wall, brackets must be sunk into the frame. Use 1-3/8-inch socket bit to drill a .75-inch deep hold seen in picture.
- Cabinet magnets. Simple addition allows it snap shut firmly.
- Brackets to hold rifle, use your own discretion.
- Optional hold open lever
Project by Arms Advocate. Great idea, and easy to do at home. I think my front hall needs some artwork …