Are you a writer, a gun lover, a gun reviewer, a sales director, a social media expert, a multimedia master, an internet wiz? Do you want to work for Guns.com? We are always on the look out for inspired talent to join us on our mission in covering all aspects of the gun world. Below is a listing of job opportunities we currently have available.
Current positions available are both full time and part time — all positions can be fulfilled remotely.
If this is your first time on Guns.com, we are a daily web publication that covers a variety of subjects in the gun world from politics to gear reviews, and everything in-between. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online.
Positions currently available:
Product and Reviews Editor
Guns.com is a daily web publication that covers a variety of subjects in the gun world from politics to gear reviews, and everything in-between. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online, and we are currently looking for a full-time Product and Reviews Editor to join our team.
The Product and Reviews Editor assists the Managing Editor by overseeing the Reviews Section. This person will be responsible for producing feature-length copy and entertaining informational videos, managing and training a network of freelance contributors, and personally seeing review projects through from concept to publication.
The ideal candidate for this position has a working knowledge of a variety of firearm platforms as well as an understanding of the technology behind them. In addition to shooting experience, the candidate should have strong writing and reporting skills, and a strong on-camera presence. This position requires a person with a creative mind and savvy, constantly evolving, multimedia skills. We’re looking for someone interested in expanding readership, but also enforcing professional integrity and ethical journalistic practices.
- Manage day-to-day editorial projects and streamline the production process
- Enforce deadlines with contributors and schedule content for publication
- Aid freelance contributors with development, research and technical support
- Edit articles, videos and photos submitted by staff and freelance contributors
- Write original reviews, and produce supplemental video footage
- Hire, manage and train a network of freelance contributors
- Record test-and-evaluation requests for staff and contributors, maintain FFL documents, and manage a budget
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent videography and photography skills, and a confident on-camera presence
- Video and photography editing experience (Avid, iMovie, FinalCut, Photoshop)
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices and knowledge of AP style
- Working knowledge of content management systems (ex. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal)
- Basic HTML skills (embedding multimedia codes, troubleshooting basic source codes, etc)
This is a full time position that offers salary and health care. For consideration, reply to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Product and Reviews Editor.’ In the email include your resume, references, at least three samples of your work (both written and video; links are fine), and a cover letter. We will not consider applicants who do not provide a resume and samples.
Since this position requires you to handle firearms and other gun related products, accepted applicants must pass a background check. Serious inquiries only.
Director of Digital Sales and Marketing
Guns.com is a daily web publication that covers everything from politics to culture to reviews as it relates to the gun world. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online, and we are currently looking for a full-time Director of Digital Sales and Marketing to join our team.
The bulk of this position will be selling ad space on Guns.com, but it will require some marketing skills as well such copywriting, managing social media, and representing and spreading the Guns.com brand. This position will be responsible for the generating and growth of online advertising revenue for Guns.com, working with clients to customize limited ad packages, and actively search for and acquire new clients.
The ideal candidate is creative, independent, self-motivated, and can accomplish goals with minimal oversight. He/she knows and understands gun culture and industry, and has experience in digital sales. This is a great opportunity to accelerate a career in digital sales, work with a great staff, build a foundation and expand a role with a growing company.
- Manage Guns.com internal advertising inventory and properties
- Contact, acquire and maintain advertising clients
- Track and report on campaign performance/conversions
- Highlight and pursue currently undeveloped advertising opportunities and inventory
- Manage Guns.com marketing budget and deployment
- Identify marketing opportunities and relationships that will increase awareness of the Guns.com brand and increase readership
- Help continually develop and maintain a unified aesthetic for the Guns.com brand
- Produce and disseminate Guns.com newsletter
- Administer Guns.com social media properties
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2 years minimum experience in marketing and sales
- An understanding of the Internet, Internet advertising and its benefits
- Knowledge of gun culture and industry preferred
- Strong personal and negotiation skills
- Online advertising inventory management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The desire and ability to aggressively search for new clients
- An ability to work independently and take leadership in responsibilities beyond expected requirements
- Detail oriented and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of SEO best practices
- A deep understanding and interest in social media
The Director of Digital Sales and Marketing position is a full time position that offers salary and health care. For consideration, reply to this posting with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org — please include the subject line ‘Director of Digital Sales and Marketing.’
Guns.com is a daily web publication that covers everything from politics to culture to reviews as it relates to the gun world. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online, and we are currently looking for a writer to join our staff.
This writer should be capable of producing quick news posts (150 to 300 words with photos and/or videos) featured in our Gun Bazaar section, as well as full-length articles.
The ideal candidate is a savvy copywriter with strong journalistic instincts and knows how to format a story. Knowledge of firearms and firearm terminology is preferred.
- Check multiple sources and conduct research regarding topics at hand
- Craft content within the Guns.com content management system with proper headlines, images, video and SEO best practices
- Keep up proper communication correspondence with editors
- Maintain proper publishing schedule time slots
- At least a four-year degree, preferably with a concentration in English, Journalism or a related field
- Candidates must prove to be self reliant and flexible in an online publishing atmosphere, as well as being thorough and consistent in their writing and coverage
- Strong research abilities
- An authoritative and engaging writing voice with original copy ideas
- The ability to work in a fast paced, quick news environment
- Familiar with an online freelance lifestyle
- Candidate should be familiar with online publishing tools (WordPress, Photoshop, etc.)
We offer competitive compensation paid weekly. For consideration, reply to this posting with a cover letter to email@example.com — please include the subject line ‘Daily Contributor.’ Include your resume and at least three samples of your written work (links are fine). We do not consider applicants who do not provide a resume and samples.