Guns.com is currently looking for a part-time staff writer to join our team.
Guns.com is a gun industry news website and since we launched in 2010 we’ve become a respected and trusted source for gun news. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month and have been cited by more than a dozen reputable, national outlets.
Candidates for this position must have a nose for news, command of AP style, the ability to write confidently and be self-motived. Knowledge of firearms and gun terminology is a plus.
Responsibilities include writing and publishing original and aggregated content, mainly news briefs (150 to 300 words with photos and videos) throughout the day — Monday through Saturday. The ideal candidate can demonstrate:
- Strong research abilities
- An authoritative and engaging writing voice with original copy ideas
- They can work in a fast-paced, quick news environment
- They are set up to live and are familiar with an online freelance lifestyle
- At least a four-year degree, preferably with a concentration in English, Journalism or a related field
- Candidates must prove to be self reliant and flexible in an online publishing atmosphere, as well as being thorough and consistent in their writing and coverage
- Candidate should be familiar with online publishing tools (WordPress, Photoshop, etc.)
This position is telecommute. We offer competitive compensation paid weekly. For consideration, reply to this posting with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and at least three samples of your written work or links to samples online. We do not consider applicants who do not provide the requested materials.