While glow sticks can certainly provide an array of entertainment options, as one Mason, Ohio, teen demonstrated, there are a few such options which should be avoided.
Jack, who is apparently anything but a dull boy, heard that a glow stick can be made brighter by microwaving it. He also apparently previously mentioned this to his father, who warned him against engaging in such activity.
Jack, being a teen boy, of course, did not take his father’s advice.
A sad sort of hilarity ensues as Jack’s father finds out a glow stick has just exploded in his son’s face, and becomes even more enraged when he realizes Jack has ruined his “awesome shirt.”
And just so you know, Jack is one very lucky boy who turned out to be okay, eyes and all.