Kalamazoo shooter’s lawsuit against Uber is a hoax (DOCS)

Jason Dalton is seen on closed circuit television during his arraignment in Kalamazoo County

Jason Dalton, 45, is seen on closed circuit television during his arraignment in Kalamazoo County.

The $10-million lawsuit filed last week on behalf of accused Kalamazoo shooter Jason Dalton against his former employer Uber turned out to be a joke.

The handwritten complaint was filed on March 15, but authorities raised suspicions about the Philadelphia postmark on the envelope it had been mailed in since Dalton is currently housed in a Michigan jail.

The Kalamazoo County Sheriff Department told reporters that they determined the complaint to be a hoax, saying the handwriting in the complaint did not match Dalton’s. Also, Dalton’s attorney verified that he did not file the complaint.

Before the case was filed, Dalton told responding officers that the Uber app made him kill six people and injury two during a shooting spree in Kalamazoo on Feb. 21.

  Dalton vs Uber