Guns.com’s team of gun-loving wordsmiths is always on the hunt for fresh recruits and you could be just who we are looking for. Anybody with a love for and knowledge of guns and ammo, the Second Amendment and the shooting lifestyle is welcome to apply to write for Guns.com.
To apply for consideration as a Guns.com contributor, send us a brief resume and at least three samples of your written work to email@example.com (that is a directive not a suggestion). We pay per article and evaluate all applications on their own merit.
If you ever wanted the opportunity to bring your voice to the gun world, we encourage you to apply for one of our freelance writing positions today.
Staff Writer — Bazaar
Guns.com is a gun industry news website currently looking for a part-time staff writer to join our team.
Since Guns.com launched in 2010, we’ve become a respected and trusted source for gun news. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month and have been cited by more than a dozen reputable, national outlets.
Candidates for this position must have a nose for news, command of AP style, be self-motived and have the ability to write confidently. Knowledge of firearms and gun terminology is a plus.
Responsibilities include writing and publishing original and aggregated content, mainly news briefs (150 to 300 words with photos and videos) throughout the day — Monday through Saturday. The ideal candidate can demonstrate:
- Strong research abilities
- An authoritative and engaging writing voice with original copy ideas
- They can work in a fast paced quick news environment.
- They are set up to live and are familiar with an online freelance lifestyle.
- At least a four-year degree, preferably with a concentration in English, Journalism or a related field
- Candidates must prove to be self reliant and flexible in an online publishing atmosphere, as well as being thorough and consistent in their writing and coverage.
- Candidate should be familiar with online publishing tools (WordPress, Photoshop, etc.)
This position is telecommute. We offer competitive compensation paid weekly. For consideration, reply to this posting with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and at least three samples of your written work or links to samples online. We do not consider applicants who do not provide the requested materials.