used very good
The Guns.com Promise
Guns.com pledges to make gun buying easy, to support local gun stores, and to serve our customers to the absolute best of our abilities.
WINCHESTER MODEL 1897 SLIDE ACTION 12 GA. FULL CHOKE HAMMER SHOTGUN
* Model 1897 Series "E" provides latest upgrades of the Model 1897 prior to the change to "Model 97". The "E" Series has a slightly deeper 5/16 wide grooves on the receiver ring. Prior to "E" model shotguns, cartridge stops were fastened with screws through the receiver sides and shells were difficult to release from the magazine. For unloading, most shooters worked them through the action. On "E" models, the cartridge stops fastened through the bottom of the action and providing buttons
which could be pushed to retract the cartridge stops.
* This Model 1897 was some of the last produced with the marked "Model 1897" on the slide action rails. The marking was shortly thereafter moved to the barrel and changed to Model 97.
* This Model 1897 has the "E" stamped above the serial number 600451.
* Very good original pistol grip wood stock, butt plate, and steel.
* Full choke 12 gauge 30 inch barrel.
* Serial Number 600451 indicative of 1915 date of manufacture.
* Visible hammer slide action shotgun known for it's "slam fire" capability.
|Frame Material||NOT SPECIFIED|
|Slide Material||NOT SPECIFIED|
|Barrel Length||30 BARREL|
|Receiver Material||NOT SPECIFIED|
|Receiver Finish||NOT SPECIFIED|
Shopping at Guns.com gives you the backing of a company that is committed to your satisfaction. And unlike our competitors, it extends beyond the buying process. We get the FFL from your store – others make you find it, copy it, and fax it. We have a generous return policy, and handle everything – you don’t have to go back to the store. And our Rangemasters are here to answer all your questions about our products or process. We're bringing a level of service to the online gun buying experience that is unheard of.
Many online gun sales actually take away from your local community. Instead of buying a gun that’s on your local store’s shelf, most retailers drop ship it from a warehouse in another state. At Guns.com, if an FFL is part of our network, we sell THEIR guns first whenever possible. That way, we’re helping small businesses in your community AND if they have it in stock, you can pick your gun up IMMEDIATELY – it’s how business should be done.
Most everything can be easily bought online these days. But for some reason, buying a gun online can be complicated. Most websites are poorly organized, don’t tell you a lot about what you’re buying, and leave you on your own to figure out what you want. Guns.com is built to be simple – easily organized products, useful descriptions from experts, and support to guide you to the right choice. Spend your time enjoying the gun you want, not getting frustrated with a complex website that makes gun buying hard.
Low-power variable optics like the U.S. Optics TS-6X are a great solution if you are looking for a short-range optic that can shoot like a scope or a red dot on the fly.Read More
Ruger has sold over six million 10/22 style rifles since they were introduced in 1964. That’s because they’re affordable, accurate, and reliable. But I think the main reason is because they are so much fun to shoot.Read More