DoubleStar extends its upper receiver choices, adding .22 Nosler and .224 Valkyrie to its lineup of receivers.
The .22 Nosler variant comes in a 1-in-8-inch twist and the .224 Valkyrie ships with a 1-in-7-inch twist. The uppers are offered in either an 18-inch heavy barrel or bull barrel configuration or 24-inch bull barrel configuration.
The 18-inch barreled uppers feature a mid-length gas system with low profile steel gas block. The barrel is made from 4140 Chrome Moly and topped with an A2 flash hider. The standard Milspec flattop upper comes with a DoubleStar 15.5-inch Cloak Handguard. The 24-inch models offer a rifle length gas system with Picatinny rail aluminum gas block. The barrel, made out of 416 stainless steel, does not feature a muzzle device. The flattop upper provides a DoubleStar Diamond Patterned National Match Free Float Handguard.
The .22 Nosler and .224 Valkyrie offerings are available from DoubleStar with MSRPs as follows:
- 18-inch .22 Nosler, Heavy Barrel Flattop Barreled Upper — $599
- 18-inch .22 Nosler, Heavy Barrel Flattop Complete Upper — $759
- 24-inch .22 Nosler, Bull Barrel Flattop Barreled Upper —$539
- 24-inch .22 Nosler, Bull Barrel Flattop Complete Upper —$689
- 24-inch .224 Valkyrie Bull Barrel Flattop Barreled Upper —$569
- 24-inch .224 Valkyrie, Bull Barrel Flattop Complete Upper— $739